Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Review: The Raven Prince

The Raven Prince The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Elizabeth Hoyt is my historical romance hero. I have searched and read some terrible (in my opinion) HR books and then I found Hoyt. I loved her Maiden Lane series, seriously loved it and I am waiting on the next book to come out so I though hey I'll try one of her other series and BOOM! I loved this book too!!

The reason I tend to dislike HR is that they are usually too sappy or I get really pissed off at the women not being able to do what they want to do. Hoyt's books have some of that.. but I don't notice it because her books are also funny and if a book can make me laugh out loud than I am one happy reader.

In this book we have Edward, who is a grumpy, scarred Earl and Anna his hired as his secretary. Anna isn't afraid to speak her mind around him and it's scared of him when he looses his temper. Most of the book is them and their banter. It was just a all around fun book to read.

The only thing I didn't like so much in this book was the whole Aphrodite's Brothel place. I won't go into it but it was just kind of weird... but again the banter made me laugh so I looked past it.

One last thing, I LOVE the in between chapter story. I always love them but I really enjoyed The Raven Prince story!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment