Thursday, March 30, 2017

Review: The Sinner

The Sinner The Sinner by Margaret Mallory
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is the second book I have read from this author and it's another low rating. I don't think she will work for me at all. The men are all assholes. They are highlanders and they are suppose to be cave man ish but Alex was a douche. Which is exactly what I said about Ian in the last book.
Alex proposes and in his proposal he tells Glynis that he won't embarrass her. He will be deseret when he sleeps with other women... I understand that that's just how things were and that at least he was being honest about it.. but gah come on man.

The start of this book was actually okay. I enjoyed the story until they actually slept together. Alex was upfront saying he would never want anything more than sex. Glynis agrees she wants nothing else either but of course she changes her mind and she gets all whiney about it. Some things happen that I won't say because it gives things away but they end up getting married. And that's where it REALLY goes downhill for me. Glynis jumps to conclusions and she is a freaking crying ninny. Alex actually turns out to be somewhat okay after they get married. He promised not to sleep around and he doesn't. There was just so many stupid arguments between the couple. I was so annoyed. I almost stopped reading the book at 80% because it was unbearable.

I don't think I will read the next one.. I think I am done with this series and this author.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment