Sunday, April 17, 2016

Review: Fear of Falling: Shores of Indian Lake

Fear of Falling: Shores of Indian Lake Fear of Falling: Shores of Indian Lake by Catherine Lanigan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I won't lie, this is my first book by this author. I realize that it is technically the 5th book in the Shores of Indian Lake series but I think it works well as a stand alone. Although, it is obvious that I missed out on some interesting stories and couples.

Rafe works on his family farm but his real passion is horse racing. Olivia lives with her mother and is trying to put their lives back together after her father left. They own and deli and that's kind of how Rafe and Olivia meet. She goes with her mother when she is a cater for a party at Rafe's farm. There is an attraction between the two but Olivia is afraid to let it go any farther than that. She is afraid that Rafe is a little too much like her father. She has herself convinced that Rafe is a gambler and after all her troubles with her father and gambling, she doesn't want another man in her life like that.

This romance is sweet and slow. I loved seeing the character's develop as individuals and I loved seeing their relationship grow into something more than a casual friendship. It took the couple a while to see eye to eye and realize what they mean to each other.

The writing was phenomenal. I was hooked within the first couple paragraphs. The details made me feel like I was Rafe riding on the back of Rowan. All of the characters had such depth and even the horses had personalities and depth. The writing made me feel like I was at every race, on the farm, in the deli and I was feeling everything the characters were. I was extremely impressed.

This book is outside of what I usually read. Slow and sweet are usually nowhere in the types of books I tend to read but I still loved this book. It was a nice change of pace for me. If you like sweet contemporary romances then this book is defiantly for you and even if you aren't usually into those kinds of books, I would still recommend this one. Sometimes you just need something a little softer and I will absolutely be reading the other books in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment