Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Frozen Tides by Morgan Rhodes

There may be mild spoilers.  Obvious ones.  But still.

Okay. So I have gone back through and looked at what I wrote as I was reading and it seems like I didn't like the book but I totally did! It just turns out that I don't like Jonas as much as I thought I did.  These books are hard to review without giving things away because so freaking much happens in them and this one is no different.

The only thing that I will complain about (and it's the same thing I have complained about in each book from the series) is the romance.  And honestly in this book it is just Jonas that flips back and forth.  He kisses Lys and then as soon as he sees Cleo he wants to kiss her but then when he's alone with Lys again he decides he's in love with just her.  And that was going to be the obvious choice for him so I get that. but just make up your damn mind!

Lucia learns some hard lessons.  Granted she kinda goes bat shiii crazy and deserves to learn the lessons.  And then there are my favorite husband and wife, Cleo and Magnus. They had a lot of interactions throughout the whole book and i LOVED that!!! Even if almost all of them were unpleasant ones.  I still love them no matter what they are doing.  Rhodes also added in Felix and Amara, which was kinda cool to see the other side of things.

Nick kind of sets up for the next book to be a mess.. I was feeling really good about where everything was and then in the last 5 mins of the book Nick had to ruin it. I am starting to hate his character.  He seems to mess stuff up a lot.  Everything that was built up in this book might be wrecked.  So I am mad at him.  But then the guy that shows up at the very last second?!! like literally the last 27 seconds of the audiobook. He shows up and then the book is done.  Not cool.

I loved this book.  It was by far my favorite of the series... even with the annoying romances.

No comments:

Post a Comment