Saturday, March 11, 2017

Review: The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I hated this book. This is the 5th book by Julia Quinn that I've read and I just don't think I like her writing. Well I did like the Duke and I. But the others.. not so much.

My problem with this book was 100% Miranda. She has been in love with Turner since she was 10.. for 9 years.. and in those 9 years Turner hasn't looked at her or spoken to her and he married someone else. I do not understand how you can be in love with someone who literally doesn't notice you. He said some kind things to her when she was 10. BFD. Doesn't mean you devote your life to him. It reeks of desperation and I was so embarrassed for her. Reading this made me physically cringe and want to hide my kindle in the closet.

Turner comes off as an asshole.. but is he really? He is 9 years older than his sister and her best friend. Is he really an asshole for not paying attention to her? And even after his wife dies and he turns cold.. is he really at fault? I don't think so. Should he have kissed her that first night? No. But the dude just buried a women he hated and spent all day listening to people talk about how wonderful she was. It's logical that he was emotional.. and drunk. I think that Miranda should have not gone anywhere near him. But she loves him oh so much and can't turn away. Gag me with a spoon.

The only part of this book that was marginally good was the first couple months of their marriage. They were playful and fun but then Miranda gets all weepy about him not saying the words "I love you" Turner pretty much worships the ground she walks on but she is in a fit because he won't voice the words. She had a husband that was devoted to only her (which at that time wasn't normal) and he was sweet and fun and sexy and kind. But nooooo everything is terrible because he can't say that he loves her. I'll take actions over words any day.

What really sucks is I loved Olivia.. I'll probably have to read the next book. I just hope she doesn't turn out to be a little pansy like her friend Miranda.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment