Thursday, December 1, 2016

Review: Duke of Pleasure

Duke of Pleasure Duke of Pleasure by Elizabeth Hoyt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Elizabeth Hoyt is the queen of Historical Romances.. at least to me she is. I loved this book! And I won't lie, I was a little bit worried about it because Alf was the female lead. But she was kind of amazing. She was a total badass but with a soft heart. Hugh was also pretty amazing. He is the Duke of Kyle, the bastard of the king, and a sweetie :) He made some poor choices, leaving his children alone so he is in the process of winning their love back. All while trying to take down the Lords of Chaos down. He hires Alf to help him with that and slowly realizes that Alf is a woman and a woman that he is insanely attracted to. I loved the chemistry between the two characters. They are complete opposites but they are also the same. She is a street urchin and he is a Duke. You would think that they would have nothing in common but they do. I loved seeing them work together and I loved seeing the passion between them.

Like with the other book from this series, this one was funny, witty and sweet. It wasn't cheesy like a lot of HR get. Honestly this series is beyond my favorite HR series. This book is no different. I loved it! I can't wait to get my hands on the next one!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment