Thursday, December 29, 2016

Review: Hard as a Rock

Hard as a Rock Hard as a Rock by Christine Warren
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So this one has been my favorite of the series so far. I love that Knox (the guardian) knew that Wynn was his mate right away. That he always felt the pull towards her and he didn't try to deny what he felt. If I remember correctly both the guardians in the first 2 books fought the mate bond thing until the very end. Knox and Wynn excepted it pretty early on. It actually took Wynn longer than Knox. The whole denial thing always bugs me. I feel like we get to know the couple so much better when they just accept that they are mates and then work together to fight the enemies instead of fighting each other.

So there was also a downside. While I loved the couple, I got a little bored with the story. BUT to be fair it could totally just be me. I haven't read a book in a couple weeks and I have a newborn who needs my full attention. So I had to put the book down about a million times. So it was just hard for me to get completely into the story when I had to start and stop so many time.

I am excited for the next book though! Christine Warren is one of my favorite authors and I know I'd read anything she writes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment