Friday, December 2, 2016

Review: To Catch a Flame

To Catch a Flame To Catch a Flame by Lily Freeman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I got this book from from the author.

If you haven't read the first two books then you really need to go read them before you pick this one up. There is a lot that happens in the first two that lead up to this one. Especially the chemistry build up of Mika, Elliot and Pj.

This books starts off right where the last one left off. Mika and Elliot are determined to help PJ get past what Luke did to her. They are in love with her but PJ still thinks that they are strictly gay. They keep that secret for a lot of the book and that honestly upset me. A lot of the problems they dealt with at the start of their relationship with PJ could have been avoided if they were just honest with her. PLUS they also hold another secret back from her even after they started dating her. It makes me sad.

The other thing I really didn't like was how Elliot handled some parts of the relationship. He acted like Luke a few times. I mean he never hurt her but he refused to hear her out and instead of explained his POV he just demanded that he was right. There was a lot of tension in the relationship that I feel could have been avoided.

Don't get me wrong. I still loved the book. It was heartwarming and sexy and just sweet as hell. I want a Mika and Elliot in my life. !

I love, LOVE Mika, Elliot and PJ. I am so sad that their story is over but I am glad that PJ finally got the men she deserved.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment