Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Review: Devil in Spring

Devil in Spring Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

So this book... I can't decide if I like it or not. I am leaning towards not..

I can't say that I was overly excited for Pandora's story but I loved the last book and I wasn't looking forward to Helen's story so I thought it might end up like that. But Pandora was sooooo childish. I like eccentric characters. Especially in a historical romance. It makes the story more interesting. But Pandora wasn't eccentric.. she was a 21 year old child. And I think that's how Gabriel treated her. He talked to her like she was a child and he called her his darling girl. I just got a creepy vibe from the romance. She was so naive and childlike and he so was not. I just felt weird reading it.

When Pandora acted her age, I liked the story. Really I liked the story after they got married.. which happened like 80% into it? I think? I don't know exactly but it was really good after that. I loved that Pandora didn't want to get married because she wanted her own life. She didn't want to be owned and she wanted to make her board games. That was awesome. I hated that she never really grew up. I just couldn't stand the way she acted. I have read stories with eccentric characters and I have read stories where the girl is naive and I never felt like they were childish. So I know there is a difference and Pandora just wasn't a great character.

Yup that's pretty much it. I felt awkward reading about Gabriel seducing a child like adult. I didn't see how the relationship worked at all. It made zero sense. Sorry Pandora but I just don't get it. I felt no connection. Well that's not true. I felt like there was a fatherly or brotherly connection. Which made things awkward.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment