Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Review: Into the Fire

Into the Fire Into the Fire by Jeaniene Frost
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reading the last book in a series is always bittersweet. I have loved this series for so long and I have re-read the first 3 books at least 5 times. I honestly don't know exactly what it is about the books that I love so much but I can't get enough of Leila and Vlad. I think it's just Frost's writing because I re-read the Night Huntress too.

This book Vlad and Leila are trying to break the hex that ties Leila's life to Mircea. There is a lot of magic in this one.. where as in the others they only touch on some magic. Ian is brought in because he is well versed in the magic world.

I don't want to give away anything but some shit goes down. Seriously some serious things happen. Things that kind of blow my mind and I have questions! Like WTF is going on with Gretchen and Maximus? And why don't I like them together? I really freaking hope there isn't a book for them.. is that bad? I have heard that there is going to be a spin off for Ian.. which I am super excited about because omg he royally screwed himself over and I need to know what happens.

That ending was totally heartbreaking. I have had a couple hours to process it and I still don't really understand why a certain thing had to happen... It did nothing for the plot or any of the characters. But tis the life of a reader to be confused by some choices.

I was a little underwhelmed with this book. I don't know what I was expecting really but I just feel like I have more questions than I did before I started. I know that it's set up for a spin off but I think it ended too abruptly. Even for Vlad and Leila. idk I just feel meh about it. I don't feel happy or excited.. I just feel Meeeeeh.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment