Sunday, February 28, 2016

Barbarian Mine by Ruby Dixon

Barbarian Mine
I loved the one. I wasn't a huge fan of the last book in this series so I was a little worried about starting this one. That's why it took me so long to pick it up but it was actually really good.

You have Rukh who hasn't been around people for who knows how long.. but basically he is a barbarian :) He sees Harlow and his cootie purrs and he doesn't know what to do.. So naturally he wacks her in the head, knocks her out and then drags her to his cave. I mean.. does it get any caveman than that? oh wait YES IT DOES! woot! The man/alien can't communicate with Harlow! He doesn't even know his own language. Which is my absolute favorite thing in a book. Harlow has to teach him words. I love the struggle. Well she teaches him a whole lot of stuff. Like how to bathe for one. He hadn't taken a bath in years. Also she gets to teach him about the birds and the bees. Yes that was an incredible awesome scene. Our big blue alien learning about how to make babies. Adorable.. in a smutty alien kind of way.

I love their relationship. Harlow is teaching Rukh things that he should already know and instead of being all alpha male and getting upset, he just accepts the help and I just freaking love that. I was trying got put myself in his shoes and I'm pretty sure I would have been just a bit snippy. But not Rukh and thats one of the reasons why he is my new favorite alien. That and he paid really close attention to whatever made Harlow happy and then he tried to do that as often as he could. Like with certain foods. Swoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment