Monday, February 22, 2016

Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur

I'm not quite sure how to rate this book.  I like some things about it but then the constant sex kinda ruined the whole thing for me.  Not that I mind a lot of sex in books. quite the opposite, but it was ALL Riley thought about.  Everything she did she first thought 'well how can I fit in sex first or after'.  I know she's a were and it was the full moon and that is suppose to make her need for sex uncontrollable but I just wasn't feeling it.  Why add the whole Moon Craze thing in there?  So Riley has an excuse to sleep with anything male.  And its okay because "Hey its the moon craze!"  She can't help it. It annoyed me. Plus the sex scenes weren't even that great. If you are going to overdo it, do it well.

But besides the whole "Riley has sex on the brain", I actually kind of liked her.  She wasn't a very deep character (this is also the first book so maybe she'll get better later) but one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to female heroines is that they never listen to what anyone tells them.  Even when someone much older and much more experienced tells them one thing, they will do the opposite.  Riley actually listen to Quinn when he told her to run, she didn't waste time fighting about it.  She saw that it was the logical solution if they wanted to get out alive.  So that alone makes her kind of awesome.  She knows her limits when it comes to battle or missions or whatever.

I also really enjoyed the storyline.  Halfway through I thought I had it all figured out and I was totally wrong.  Well I was 3/4 wrong.  I liked that I couldn't guess what was going to happen next.

So I really couldn't decide what to rate this book.  Because while the storyline was fantastic as a whole.. the sex was so distracting.  It didn't add to the story.. It almost ruined it for me, I almost stopped reading the book. I really hope the next one chills out on all of that and if it doesn't I won't push past it and ignore it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment