Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones

I love Charley! Seriously.  I listened to the audio book at work today and the whole book.. Not even kidding the whole damn book I was smiling.  My co workers already think I'm nuts but now they also think I'm a total creeper.... Smiling all day.  Who does that??!  Anyways...

Charley is kinda my favorite heroine ever. Im pretty sure I can't think of one I like better.  At least not off the top of my head. She totally kicks ass but its her mouth that I love the most.  The way she talks to everyone.. Or to her Mr. Coffee maker.  Whatever is around, I love it!  It cracks me up. I have to add her police statement in here because I could not stop laughing.
    "I heard a sound. A bad guy swung a knife at me. I ducked and cut his throat."  And then UB's reaction.. "Well that needs some work."

Thats one of the other things I like so much about this book, the side characters are fantastic.  Her uncle is honestly one of my favorites.  He takes whatever she says and dishes right back to her.

I will say that uh I do not like Reyes... To be quite honest I like Garrett a whole hell of a lot more. Reyes is kinda a dick..  Just saying.  I do not understand the attraction there.  But whatevvva.

No comments:

Post a Comment