Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Review: Devil in Winter

Devil in Winter Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh St. Vincent. I was prepared to hate you after what you did to Lillian in the last book but you made me fall in love with you despite that. And Evie: Who knew she had it in her to be bold? Not me. I was not looking forward to her book at all. Even with the male being St. Vincent. I still wasn't excited about it. She just seemed so boring. But she freaking proved me wrong. I loved her!

Lillian is still my favorite wallflower but Evie is a close second. I won't say that St. Vincent is my favorite of the males because well Westcliff has that honor. But St. Vincent proved himself to be a good guy. I really don't know how someone can go from kidnapping a woman and threatening to rape her to the guy he was in this book but whatever. He was extremely sweet to Evie... even in the beginning. Yes he said a bunch of rude and inappropriate things to her but all of his actions were of a kind, caring man. So I was a little confused by that but eventually I just got over it and enjoyed the story. I kind of had to separate the St. Vincent from Lillian's book because he just wasn't that man. Not really.

Also one more thing. Evie is Ivo Jenner's daughter... How did I not put that together by now. I have searched Lisa Kleypas back log of books and I can not find a book about Ivo Jenner. If it's out there will someone please let me know. I have been so curious about him since I read Dreaming of You. We find out a lot about him in this book I guess but I just wish there was a book for him. It's extremely sad the way everything ends for him though. So maybe I don't want his book..

As always Lisa Kleypas wrote one hell of a book. I am looking forward to the next one in this series. Mainly because I want to go back and re-read the hathaway books now that I know more about Cam!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment