Monday, January 23, 2017

Review: Falling Into Bed with a Duke

Falling Into Bed with a Duke Falling Into Bed with a Duke by Lorraine Heath
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I hate Ashe. So so so much. I can not believe what he said to Minerva when she confronted him about his finances. My mind is freaking blown. I would have murdered him for threatening me. But thats just me.

This book wasn't terrible.. It wasn't good either. I almost stopped listening to the book when I found out that Ashe needs money and that he starts to court Minerva for her dowry. I am not really sure why I finished it. I was mad the whole time. And honestly I didn't really like Minerva all that much either. She gets a few compliments from a handsome man and she's a puddle. Thats just annoying.

I really don't understand how Minerva forgave him. I don't understand how you could ever forgive someone who deceived you. If the book was told just from Minerva's POV I might be able to see how she could fall for his courtship. But the problem is that we get Ashe's POV and he is a total ass. He goes after her knowing that she wants love and knowing that she has been hurt by numerous fortune hunters. I can't get over how much I hate him. I don't remember the last time I hated a character so much.

Ashe goes and talks to one of his friends about what's going on and his friend says no big deal, go find another dowry and this is what that asshole says.
"I just need to find another dowry. It's just disappointing is all. After all the effort I put into the courtship and gaining her willingness." --- He literally freaking says this. WTF is wrong with him.

And the way he fixes it? pshh. Not good enough. Lorraine Heath's books are always hit or miss with me. This one is absolutely a miss.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment