Monday, January 2, 2017

Review: Twisted Perfection

Twisted Perfection Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love Abbi Glines. I love Blair and Rush. I have had this book for years and I have just been putting it off because I honestly couldn't move on from Blair and Rush. They are one of my favorite couples. But I decided to get over it and move on in the series and I can not decide how to feel about it.

Let me start of by saying that Woods is a total dick. Yeah that's right. I wanted Blair to end up with him when Rush was all douch-y because I thought he was like the perfect guy. But after reading this book I no longer think that. He uses Della. He sees a young girl who can't pump her own gas and he thinks, "God I need this distraction. I have to marry someone I hate so I need to fuck this hot girl so I have the memories." No he didn't say that exact thing but it was close to what his thoughts were. So I hated him then. Okay so Della leaves but then comes back. Again Woods fucks her at a party and then tells her that he plans on proposing to someone else the next night.. I mean REALLY?! I would have ripped his manly bits off. But hey that's just me.

And don't freaking get me started on Della. Heaven help us all she was terrible. She was okay with the one night stand.. okay whatever people do that shit all the time. Then she moves on and sleeps with her boss after a couple dates. Turns out he's married.. but she had no way of knowing that, I guess. So she goes back and like the second day she is back in Rosemary she sleeps with Woods again.. She is coming off as kind of slutty for someone who has been sheltered her whole life. But I can deal with slutty females, you do you girl. What I can't tolerate is the fact that Della was sad that Woods was sad about being forced to marry someone he hated. Uh bitch please. He had a choice. He didn't have to do anything. She let him use that excuse. I can not explain how unattractive Woods was to me in this book. He was not a man at all. I mean eventually he did the right thing but to go along with it at all is just unattractive.

I know Della has some serious, serious issues but I still just did not like her at all and I really didn't like Woods either. Which is just sad because I loved him in the first couple books of the Rosemary series.

Will I read on? Eventually yes. I wish that Della and Woods' story was over though and that the next one was about another couple. But oh well. I'm being generous with 3 stars. I'd say it's really about 2.2 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment