Saturday, October 15, 2016

Review: Between the Devil and Desire

Between the Devil and Desire Between the Devil and Desire by Lorraine Heath
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

So no. I did not like this book at all. I've had the book for awhile. I got it right after I finished the last book in the series because I loved that one so much and I was so excited to learn more about Jack. But god I hated Olivia. She was your typical woman of the ton. She followed the rules to a T. Everything everyone did was improper and everything she did was perfect. I hated the banter between Jack and Olivia. They poked at each other and I understand that it was meant to be humorous but to me it just sounded ridiculous and most of it was childish and it kind of made me hate Jack.

The storyline goes incredibly slow. Which I get because Olivia is in morning and they are complete opposites. I did love the relationship of Jack and Henry. I think they were cute and that Jack actually made a fantastic guardian. But I hated Olivia's transformation. She goes from this prissy proper lady to having sex on a train while her son and nanny are a few cars away. Just doesn't seem plausible. But whatever.

This is what I really hated. What was incredibly disgusting, was the ending. Even though you can kind of see it coming. The whole time I thought there is no way the author is going to do this. It just can't happen. Its freaking nasty. I can't say what it is exactly because it's a HUGE spoiler. It's just very messed up and made me want to throw up a little bit. I've read a few reviews and I do not understand why people aren't more freaked about it. Maybe I'm making too big a deal about it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment