Friday, October 7, 2016

Review: Blood Kiss

Blood Kiss Blood Kiss by J.R. Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I got this book on the day it released and that was what? a year ago? And I am just not reading it. Im not sure exactly why it took me so long to read it because I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood books and I have liked the little interactions that we have gotten from Paradise is the last couple BDB books. So why? Who the hell knows. But I did enjoy it very much.

Paradise was a sweet, sweet female. I don't really see why she's in the training.. it's not something that she's always wanted. It's not something that she trained years for. She signed up in a flash decision and during the first night of testing I kind of think she lucked out with getting through it. Well except the walking... that was all her but the rest idk. BUT she was the only person who went out of their way to help others get through the trial andI think thats a good thing for a member of the army. so yay for that.

And Craeg, well I feel like we don't really get to know him that well. I feel like the whole book was rushed. Especially with the side story. I just think it would have been better if the book was focused on the new training and Craeg and Paradise. But thats just not how Ward does her books. Anyways Craeg was a strong male. I think he was a little hypercritical with the whole class thing. Because he was very judge-y towards the wealthy. I get that he had a reason but I mean he had a reason to hate one family.

Ok so it sounds like I'm complaining a lot about the book but I really did enjoy it. It wasn't as good as the BDB books were because it was shorter and I just felt like there was something missing from the story. It was all just too rushed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment