Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Review: Owned

Owned Owned by M. Never
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This is maybe the 3rd book I've read where the relationship is master/slave or in this case master/pet and I am just not a fan of them. I try because in theory it sounds good but when I'm reading I just want to scream at the helplessness of her situation. Especially with this book where Ellie was kidnapped and made into a pet by someone she actually liked. So I think Im going to stop reading trying to read them. I forced myself to finish this book because I needed to know why Kayne was doing what he was doing. Even though I don't agree in anyway that there wasn't another way to save her. Off the top of my head I can think of 7 different ways he could have protected her without making her a slave. And I'm sure if I sat here and thought about it there would be a lot more. So I HATE that his reasoning was protection.

So the storyline wasn't great. I mean I wanted to know what was going on so thats something. I honestly skimmed a lot of the sex scenes towards the end. I hate that Ellie was starting to like it. I hate that her freewill was taken away from her and she was starting to be okay with it. She was falling in love with a man who kidnapped her, chained her while she slept, put a collar on her, abused her repeatedly (and more than once just because he was frustrated with someone else), he didn't technically rape her.. but he did touch her without her permission and he got off on that shit. I am okay with all the dominating stuff as long as there is consent and the is zero consent in this book. But to be fair, the author does warn you about the slave relationship. I just always go into thinking it won't be as bad as it is.

I think I probably will read the next book because I've read a few reviews and it seems that the relationship goes to a sub/dom role and that I like. I really, really hope that's true. Otherwise I won't push myself to finish it like I did with this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment