Thursday, September 15, 2016

Review: A Court of Mist and Fury

A Court of Mist and Fury A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I feel like I have been reading this book for 500 years.. and then I look at my start date and I'm like seriously I started this book yesterday? How do I still have eyeballs. This book was freaking loooong but I enjoyed the book so I didn't mind.

I LOVE that Feyre didn't let Tamlin walk all over her.. I mean she did for awhile but I love that she broke free and grew up. I know a lot of people are upset of how Tamlin turned out but I gotta say that I'm not all that surprised. In the first book he didn't want a queen, he wanted someone to break the curse and she did that, and then he wanted her to continue to follow all his rules and to accept the way things were. Uh dude she broke a curse that has been plaguing your lands for almost 50 years. She was tortured and made to kill innocents do you really think she is going to be that same meek girl she was at the start of the first book? Hell no she's not. Now she is an immortal fae with more power than she or anyone knows. All he wanted to do was trap and hide her powers. Baby she was made to shine (literally).

Rhysand. Now there is one male I would very much like to have in real life. Was he not the most amazing thing to ever breathe? He has so much power and all he wants is peace. He is still devious and still slightly evilish all good qualities in a man I think but in this book we find out why he is that way and that he is also sweet and loving and just an honorable man.

Now the plot.. well the book was so damn long that I don't really know what the plot was.. thats bad right? I mean it was mostly about Feyre embracing her powers and learning to live in a new world. Which I loved!!! And I know that they are going to war but I don't know why.... how wait yes I do. Some want to enslave humans some do not. YESSSS thats it! I just didn't care as much about that part.. again I'm a bad reader. I just wanted more Feyre and Rhys.

That freaking ending blew my mind. For the last few chapters I was trying to figure out how it was going to end and how she was going to set up the next book and I 100% did not see that coming. At least not in the way she did it and not with Feyre still being Feyre. Very nicely done SJM.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment