Friday, September 23, 2016

Review: Shadow's Claim

Shadow's Claim Shadow's Claim by Kresley Cole
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I hate Bettina. She was a child. I think she was 22 or 24 I can't remember exactly but she acted younger. I guess I'm use to the females being centuries old but this one I just wanted to punch in the face. She was in love with her best friend. Who was a man whore to the extreme and he wasn't quiet about it. That's not 100% unusual i guess but when her best friend has ZERO interest in her as a female and has stated that fact multiple times and she's still desperately in love with him?? yeah no it just doesn't work for me. I know blah blah you can't just turn off feelings but the guy has never given any reason that he wanted her. Then she gets drunk and a male comes to her bed and she just assumes its her friend.. really? I just could not stand her and a bad character ruins a book. I wasn't overly fond of the story itself. A game to win the princess hand and a crown. Meh. Just not that exciting.

The one thing that I did like about this book was the progression of the relationship... parts of it annoyed me but I think in general I liked the pace and the way Trehan went about it. He was slowly seducing her and getting to know her. I liked him. He was sweet but incredible fierce and just an all around bad ass. He actually cared about her interest where even her BFF got distracted and stopped listening to her.

OH!!! The one thing I think I hated most about Bettina.. she chose concert tickets over the heads of the creatures that ruined her life? REEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYYYYY????? Bullshit. That's just stupid. I would have fallen to my knees begging Trehan to marry me. She's a stupid cow.

2 stars is honestly generous...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment