Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Review: Fallen

Fallen Fallen by Lauren Kate
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So when I saw the trailer for the movie I got super excited and decided to re-read this book, or re-listen to it because I have the audio version.. and I hated it this time around. Like I hated everything about it. Which makes me sad because I remember loving this series so much. I first read the series probably about 2 years ago, I think.

But Luce, good god, Luce. She is one of the most pathetic heroines I've ever read. I know how the series ends and even with that in mind I think it's absolutely insane the way Luce stalks Daniel. I think it's pathetic to pine after someone who is so nasty to you, no matter that you "feel a connection" to him. And this is all knowing that they are destined to be together. I was thinking that if I didn't know that and I hadn't read the book before, I would have DNF it. That's how much I hated her. She is so incredibly naive for someone who sees shadows. When she finds out that Daniel knows her from other lives and always falls in love with her.. she runs away. It's the one thing she has wanted from him the whole time and instead of letting him explain, she runs away..

I wanted to re-read the whole series but now I don't know if I should. I ruined my good memory of this book. I am usually selective about what YA books I go back and re-read after I re read Significance but Shelly Crane and hated it. But I got so excited about the movie and now this is another book ruined. Im not going to change my star rating because I feel bad. I did enjoy the book the first time around so I'm leaving it at 4 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment