Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Review: The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo

The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo The Vampire With the Dragon Tattoo by Kerrelyn Sparks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There were things that I loved and then there were things that I hated about this book.

Leah is a scientist that specializes in genetics which is just what the vamps need. So she is brought in as a consultant to help them. Thats how Dougal meets her. He thinks she has the soul of he long lost love. This is one thing I have a problem with. Does he pursue her because of her lost love or does he pursue her because of her own personality? I understand that later on Dougal falls in love with Leah and doesn't care if she's the reincarnated love or not but starting out it bothers me.

Leah has a huge issue with the whole vampire world at first. She was kind of ridiculous in her fear. I mean realistically its understandable but it was just kind of funny. I loved Dougal. He was so freaking adorable. He had no idea who to date or how to even approach it. I absolutely loved their love story and how it progressed. Even if I didn't like his initial motives, I still loved seeing it play out. It was sweet and fun and just enjoyable to read.

Of course the book can't be all butterflies and roses. There is an evil demon creating an army of men to take over the world... you know the normal stuff. I kind of lost interest (a little bit) towards the end. There was a lot of characters involved and they were all jumping around in different places and it wasn't that it was hard to follow but.. it just okay it was a little hard to follow or I just got bored with trying. I mean there was just so many people and they had the tiger tribe in there as well oh and not to mention the village that was drugged and they saved. So those were more people. It was just a lot to sort out and remember names.

But for the most part I enjoyed this book. It helps that I loved both characters and I loved the love story. I didn't care about the rest of it as much but it was still entertaining. It was nice because I haven't enjoyed the last couple book from this series and it has me excited for more again.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment