Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Review: Night's Blaze

Night's Blaze Night's Blaze by Donna Grant
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I didn't love or hate this book. It was just kind of meeeh.

I was not a huge fan of Lily. She was extremely naive. She is being blackmailed into letting someone get on to Dreagan. She knows nothing about what Dreagan is. All she knows is that they make whiskey. She assumes that this guy wants to steal art and that its no big deal because they will have insurance at Dreagan. Yeah. That's just dumb. I don't know if someone would go through all the trouble Dustin went through to get art. (but then again I don't know art.. so maybe they would.) No thats not what my real problem with her was. It was that she didn't tell anyone. This always drives me crazy in books. Everything could have been so much easier if she would have just said she was being blackmailed. They could have had longer to come up with a better plan. I don't know. It just irritates me when the main character lies the whole book.

Rhys was... well he wasn't anything really. He was sweet to Lily and he was already in love with her when the book started so it was just him saying he wasn't good enough for her. So he stayed away for as long as he could... also kind of annoying.

Okay so plot wise, it was pretty good. Well okay let me rephrase: We find out one major thing that changes everything! Obviously I am not going to say what that is but my mind was blown. Then that ending was also pretty good and a total shock. What the hell Kyle? What the hell? That is the one and only time I felt bad for Lily. Kyle was a dick... so was Dustin. She had some bad male figures in her life.

I won't lie and say that I was totally into this book, I wasn't. I got a little bored but I am glad I read it and I am glad I can move on to the next one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment