Friday, July 29, 2016

Review: Of Breath And Soul

Of Breath And Soul Of Breath And Soul by Jennifer Snyder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the Ward Witches series and I think I enjoyed it a lot more than the first. The first book in any series is about getting to know characters and the town and sometimes it can be kind of boring. This book was not boring at all. It had a lot of action in it.

Piper and her brother Jasper have agreed to help the dragon tribe get their magic back. Which basically put a huge target on Piper's back. All kinds of crazy things happen to her; 13 dead birds, being stabbed in the leg, vampire blood, being attacked by a bunch of ravens.. all crazy things and think this girl is still in high school. Even though I guess it's a little different when you are a witch and you grew up in a paranormal world. I kind of think Piper needs to learn to fight.. she threw Chinese food at the enemy because she didn't know what else to do.

The only thing I really didn't like about the book was some of the dialogue. It was a little too cheesy for me. I am a little bit older(okay a lot) than the target audience and I think if I read this book when I was a bit younger I wouldn't have even noticed the dialogue.

Seriously so much happens and what happened at the end was kind of mind blowing. I love how Jennifer Snyder can pack so much into a book with out it being overly long and drawn out. I can not wait until the next book!!

I received an ARC copy of this book from the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment