Saturday, July 30, 2016

Review: Ravage

Ravage Ravage by Tillie Cole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh Tillie Cole, why do you make my cry over all these damaged men. Like seriously cry.. I couldn't stop for at least 10 minutes and then when I read another page I started again.

Now if you follow Tillie on instagram or Facebook she talks about how 194 is the most f-up character she has written.. but I don't agree. Yes 194 is scarred and he has been a slave and on the obedience drug for 15 years but so was Zaal, right? Maybe I'm not remember it right. It's been awhile since I read Zaal's story. But anyways. At least the drug doesn't stay in 194 system for that long. I mean he still kills and tortured because those bastards have his little sister but idk. It just seems better.

194 is sent to kill or capture Zaal. Instead he takes Zaal's sister to get more information on how he can get past the guards. Zoya(Zaal's sister) was kind of amazing. I won't lie 194 does some pretty fucked up things to her and she hold her own the whole time. I was damned impressed. I also loved that she saw that he wasn't doing these things on his own. He was being forced and since she knew a little bit about what happened with her brother I think that helped her understand what was actually going on.

Their love was fast and it was beautifully heartbreaking. They both had terrible past and they both had to work past that to get to see each other for who they really are. And good lord when Zoya finally met her brother.. I cried. I bawled. My husband thought someone had died in real life I was crying so hard.

It was just a beautiful book... in a messed up kind of way. Two tortured,lonely souls falling in love. I think this book was my favorite of the 3 so far. I love Tillie's writing. I don't know another author who can write such messed up things and it still somehow be beautiful.

I received an ARC of this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment