Friday, July 1, 2016

Review: The Highwayman

The Highwayman The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I went back and forth on liking this book. I think I liked parts of it and other parts I hated. Because I am so wishy washy on my feelings and because it's been a long day and I'm lazy I'm going to make this review lists.

What I liked:
-I loved the story line. Two children who helped each other be happy but get separated by terrible circumstances. They later on find each other and get together. That's just good writing.
-Dorian Blackwell
-I also loved the side characters! All of them. They were good people.
-The epilogue was perfect. I hated the ending of the actual book but I LOVED the epilogue.


What I didn't like so much:
-Dorian Blackwell. Yes I know I put him in the first list but that's because I liked him but I also hated him. He was good at first but then later on in the book it got annoying that he wouldn't accept love. I get he was hurt but get over it faster.
-Farah Townsend/Mackenzie/Blackwell= She was annoying and was way too pushy. She acted entitled to things that she wasn't. I hate that.
-I also wish we got to see more of the couple together. You know after Dorian got over his shit.
-The love and the dialogue was CHEESY . The ending made me want to puke.

So all in all it was a decent book... Not a favorite by any means. But I will probably read the next book at some point.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment