Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Review: A Night to Surrender

A Night to Surrender A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I have been reading The Maiden Lane series. It was the first historical romance series that I have ever liked. I thought I would branch out and try another series and see if I enjoyed it.... and I didn't.

Susanna Finch is a bitch. Straight up. I have no idea how else to say it. Well I probably could but aint nobody got time for that. She is in charge of a house full of women who for one reason or another have been shunned, are sick in some way or have a deformity (and by this I mean they can't see with out spectacles or some other rubbish like that). The idea of the house is good. The medical practices back then were insane. So I like that Susanna came up with ways to help these women medically without harming them. But what I don't like is that she acts like she can dictate every move the women make. If they want to dance with a rake or farmer, why the hell can't they? Again I know society was crazy then but at the same time they are in the freakin country where no one of "worth" will see. They absolutely should not go sleeping around with people.. but a dance??! Especially since miss spinster herself looses her v card to a man she knows won't be there long on the freaking ground outside of a pub!!!!! Can we please say hypocrite and thats even slutty for 2016!

The other thing I though was odd was that Susanna wanted women to be their own person.. Thats good. But then they had a very strict schedule. That included tea, walks, picnics, and shooting? Idk it just seemed to be a contradiction.

Victor Bramwell the male of the story didn't do anything for me one way or another. He was just there. Literally I have nothing to say about him.

My whole problem with the book really rest on Susanna's shoulders. She was a terrible character. She wouldn't marry Victor yet she wanted him not go back to war( which is his entire life. The thing he has done forever and the only thing he has ever wanted to do). I just think it was crazy for her to expect him to drop his whole life just because she was in love with him.

I probably will never read anymore from this series. Although I am a little interested in Colins story. I am not interested enough to read through another book like this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment