Saturday, June 4, 2016

Review: Tackled: A Football Romance

Tackled: A Football Romance Tackled: A Football Romance by Lucy Snow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have mixed feelings about this book. On one hand I liked the storyline, on the other.. I hated the characters.

The premise of the story is a college football player starting out in the NFL. Drake Rollins is a fantastic football player. The problem is what he does off the field. He drinks, sleeps around and gets caught a lot, Not exactly what a professional team wants in a player. Lily is a new reporter who gets to follow Drake around for his first year and report on how he's handling the NFL. They know each other from college and they have a connection and fall in love.

Okay that sounds like a freaking good story right? Bad boy player turns his life around? Sweet! Only I hated Drake. Like so, so much. He was a selfish prick. Even after he's "turned his life around". I feel bad for Lily. I would never want to be stuck with him. Hot guy or not if you're selfish, I don't want you. Lily isn't really that fantastic either. She acts like a child for the entire book.

I wanted to love it because I loved the storyline. But I didn't. It was still enjoyable and I will still read on in the series but this one just wasn't 100% awesome for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment