Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Review: Waterfall

Waterfall Waterfall by Lisa Tawn Bergren
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

re-read 6/28/2016

Spoilers*-kind of

I don't know why I go back and re-read YA books. I absolutely loved this book the first time I read it and I still loved it but I kind of wanted to kick punt Gabi. She travels back in time and thinks she can take on born and bred soldiers just because her dad taught her how to swing a sword. That's just ignorant. She also thinks she always knows the way.. even though she takes off because the men weren't going fast enough and takes everyone right into enemy territory.

Besides all of that, I would still go on with the series. Even if this was the first time I read the story. I LOVE the storyline. Girl goes back in time. Girl fumbles to grasp the time. Girl falls for boy. Girl seeks sister who time traveled with her. Girl can "fight" (not really. Basically she can hold a sword and all the people in the 1300s think she's the shit because of it.). Girl finds out sister is in enemy castle. Girl helps plan an escape that just so happens to help the good guys capture the enemies castle. Girl becomes a legend but then girl gets hurt and ends up having to go back home. Despite the fact that boy has purposed and she finally has her sister back.

Thats just a freaking good book! Gabi(girl) is a little annoying because she thinks she knows everything even though she's 700 years in the past. But that's okay. I will still probably re-read this book later on in the future. It's fun!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment