Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Review: Lord of Darkness

Lord of Darkness Lord of Darkness by Elizabeth Hoyt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was extremely surprised by how much I loved this book. I have been putting this off for days because it just didn't sound good to me.

I am a jealous creature. So when I see a book that the characters were madly in love with a wife or lover that died, I am instantly turned off by it. I don't want to read about someone trying to "compete" with an ex lover. This book started off that way... except they weren't competing in this one because they both had an ex love that they didn't want to get over, ever. But Megs wants a baby so she has to try and seduce her husband into bedding her. Besides that there is the fact that Godric is another Ghost and he's out saving children and trying to find Megs' ex lover's murderer.. Yeah.. Godric was actually kind of amazing. I think I fell in love with him a little bit.

This is one of those times where you can't always rate a book by its synopsis. At least in my case because it has something that I am not totally crazy for but it still ended up being an amazing book and I'm mad at myself for not reading it sooner.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment