Friday, June 17, 2016

Review: Notorious Pleasures

Notorious Pleasures Notorious Pleasures by Elizabeth Hoyt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I didn't like this one nearly as much as I loved the first book.. I think it could have been good.. but the thing that makes me kind of hate it is the cheating. I know things were different back then and that she was only marrying Thomas for her brother and political reasons but she was still engaged to the guy when she was hooking up with Griffin... If she would have called off the engagement after the first kiss, I probably would have loved the book. But she didn't.

This is one of the reasons I always have hard time reading historical romances. I can't put myself into the character. Hero is a Duke's daughter and a Duke's sister so she feels like she has to do everything the proper way.. Which I guess back then she would have and I just can't wrap my mind around that. I would have told my brother to shove it and that I was marrying Griffin because he does more for me and at least I have some kinds of feelings for him.

I still loved the writing and I still loved the story line. Gin rivals! That's just awesome. I also loved the side characters. I can't wait for some of their stories and I am excited for the next book! Silence and Mickey are going to be an interesting couple!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment