Saturday, June 18, 2016

Review: Unexpected Eden

Unexpected Eden Unexpected Eden by Rhenna Morgan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I got the 3rd book of this series on Netgalley.. I didn't realize it was the third before I requested it so now I'm reading the first 2 in the series first.

This one was pretty good. There is honestly a lot of things happening. Like soooooooo much. The Myren have way too many powers. Seriously some of their base powers are flying, telekinesis, and telepathy.. Seriously and these are powers that all of them get and then on top of those itty bitty powers they also get "major" powers. Like: healing, controlling the elements, being able to read emotions or and being able to shred minds.. you know no big deal... dude I'm sorry but thats too freaking much for these people to be able to do. I won't lie, I got kind of annoyed at that. It's not fun to read about a race that is literally all powerful.

I also felt like the book was hella long. I honestly don't know how long it actually was but I got a little bored in the beginning and then again towards the end.

Despite me bitching for the last forever I really did enjoy the book. The first book in a series like this is bound to be a little boring because the author has to get all the explaining out of the way. I get that, doesn't mean I'm not going to complain about it though :)

I really liked all of the characters. Lexi was a strong female and she was really well written for a queenly role. Eryx was a baddass with a soft spot for Lexi = which means he's the perfect guy. I really like Eryx somo (I'm guessing thats like his personally bodyguard.. they never really said) Ludan. He was funny in a serious sort of way. I was hoping to get his book next but nope we get Eryx sister.. who I also guess I liked.. a little. We shall see!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment