Saturday, June 4, 2016

Review: Inescapable

Inescapable Inescapable by Amy A. Bartol
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sometimes re-reading a book is a bad idea. Two years ago I loved this book... this time around I hated it. So now I'm in a pickle... do I re-rate the book on how I currently see it or do I leave it? Maybe I'll put it somewhere in the middle.

My whole purpose for re reading this book is because I never got around to reading the past the 3rd book. MY library just got these babies in audio on overdrive soo I got super excited. Yay I love audiobooks and since its been 2 years since I read the first 3 I just started over. I freaking rated the book 5 stars so I had to have loved it... sigh. ok. So since I didn't have a review the first time around and I feel bad lowering the stars I'm not going to rant about what I hated. Im going to lists the pros and cons.

What I liked
-Russell. He gets totally screwed in this book and if I remember the rest of the books but he is perfection.
-I love the actual storyline. The whole angels at war thing and Evie not knowing she was an angel. I don't read a lot of angel books because they tend to get preachy but this one did not. There's fallen angels and then there are regular angels. They have different types of angels and I find it all completely fascinating.
-Reid grows on you.. I still think Russell is better but Reid isn't terrible.
-The side characters. Buns and Brownie. Those girls are hilarious.

What I hated
-EVIE. Thats it. I hated her. I hate hating the main character when I love everything else about a book. I know that there was a supernatural pull for her and Reid but really. She's in college. you do not act like your whole world ends because your boyfriend broke up with you after 2 days. I have no flipping clue how that didn't bother me the first time around. It was completely ridiculous. She begged him to stay with her... begged . Thats weak, come on girl.

I am still going to go on with the series. I really want to finish it and see what all happens... and maybe Evie will grow a pair? Or maybe because her and Reids relationship is supposedly solid now, she won't act like a 12 year old girl. We shall see.

I originally gave this book 5 stars.. if I were to rate it now I would give it 2.. so I changed the rating to a 3.. because everything is told in Evie's POV and damn the girl is annoying!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment