Saturday, June 18, 2016

Review: Thief of Shadows

Thief of Shadows Thief of Shadows by Elizabeth Hoyt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

** SPOILERS **



So from the very first book when Winter had the knife cut on his back, I had a feeling that he was the ghost.. but then at the end of the book Winter was at the house while it was burning but the Ghost was there too... So then I thought well maybe I'm wrong.. or maybe there are 2 ghosts.. I'm smart like that or it was totally obvious. Either way, Winter was freaking cool.

I enjoyed this book so much! I didn't think I would.. not because I didn't like Winter, I do, but because he ends up with an older woman.. I know that doesn't matter but this is what I thought before I read the book. I really thought there was going to be a strong emphasis on the age difference and that would be super annoying, but there wasn't! Really it was just mentioned in passing a few times.

What I love the most about this book is that Winter is one of the ghosts. Winter He is this boring, unemotional, school teacher and he goes out to save the streets at night. That's just awesome! I was not a fan of Isabel though. I thought she was entirely too pushy for a woman in that time. Winter told her repeatedly that he was never going to engage in sexual acts and she pushed it on him. She was waaaay too nosey too. She was mad that Winter didn't tell her that he was the ghost.. Uh his own family doesn't know, why would he tell a woman who was "forced" to spend time with him and educate him on manners. I mean really. Like I said she was just freaking pushy. I did not like her.


But get past her and the story and Winter are fantastic. 4 stars solely because I really did not like Isabel. Everything else in the book was amazing.


---
I won't lie and say that I'm excited for the next book.. I have not liked Margaret Reading in the last couple of books. I am still going to listen to the book though. Hopefully it's not going to be exactly what I think it's going to be.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment