Monday, June 13, 2016

Review: Barbarian's Touch

Barbarian's Touch Barbarian's Touch by Ruby Dixon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I went back and forth on if I liked this book or not. I LOVE the premise of it. I like the the female character, Lilah, was deaf. That sounds horrible to say but it added something totally different to the story and it made you see exactly how sweet Rokan was compared to Hassen. Rokan didn't want to make her feel out of place so he didn't use words.. he founds other ways to communicate with her and he wanted her to teach him ASL.

I LOVED Rokan. Seriously. He was the sweetest alien of all of them so far. He was perfect in every way. I was not a huge fan of Lilah... She acted like she loved Rokan, told him she loved him but when he told her about the mate thing she was a total bitch. Um if you love someone who cares if the cootie helped you figure that out sooner. If I was Rokan I would have been completely devastated by her reaction. Which I guess he was but I'm just saying you don't treat someone you love that way. She was this meek scared kitten for 80% of the book and then she turned into a bitch and then one day she's all sweet again.. Just annoyed me. I think she bothered me so much because I honestly loved Rokan. I don't think anyone would have been good enough for him.

Love me some Ice Barbaians :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment