Thursday, June 23, 2016

Review: Duke of Midnight

Duke of Midnight Duke of Midnight by Elizabeth Hoyt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I didn't like this one as much as I have liked the previous books. And that all comes down to one thing: Maximus sleeps with Artemis knowing that he won't marry her and that he won't let anyone else have her. I know that Artemis went into his bedroom. I know that she wanted to sleep with him. I get that but she was a virgin and emotional. Plus this is set in the 1700s,..I think.. so it's just them mans fault. Maximus sleeps with her over and over again and he decides he's going to make her his mistress... like he's going to buy her a house in the country to keep her at so he can go fuck her whenever he wants.. He doesn't decide that he actually wants to marry her until the very freaking end of the book. I hated that. I mean we all know that the guy and girl are going to end up together at the end but I hate it when it happens in the very last chapter.

I really liked Artemis at first but then she slowly slipped downhill for me. She slept with someone knowing he wouldn't marry her, knowing that her cousin wanted to marry him, knowing that it would totally ruin her reputation, knowing that she would be cast out of society and shame her family (even if her family was already shamed.)

So yeah I was just annoyed with the whole relationship. It was hard for me to get into. I liked how the book started out. I really liked their connection. I was super excited about them actually but then they just ruined it for me by sleeping together....and that's not something I thought Id ever say about a book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment