Sunday, July 31, 2016

Review: Mistress By Blackmail

Mistress By Blackmail Mistress By Blackmail by Caro LaFever
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Nope. Really how does this book have over a 4 star rating?

Marcus is an asshole. I like alpha males. I really do, when they go all caveman-y, yum. But this guy was not that. He was an asshole. First off he blackmailed her... ok whatever I can work with that. Then he has this whole plan to make her fall for him so she forgets his brother.. I kind of can work with that. Even though she kept telling him that she never slept with his brother. He doesn't listen to anything she has to say. Like nothing. Nothing she says matters to him. And she somehow falls in love with that man? I don't buy it. Maybe someone could fall in love with the man at the end of the book but the controlling, uncaring man that Darcy fell in love with? NO. It's one thing when an alpha male is controlling but when he honestly doesn't care about the girl, I can't wrap my mind around that. We even got his POV and he didn't even care in his own head. There were a few times when he felt guilty over something evil he said, but thats not enough. I do not understand how anyone could fall for a man that purposely put her down. He said some awful things to her. Things that weren't true even though she freaking told him the truth.

And Darcy was the worst. She fell for a man who verbally abuses her. And she was weak no matter that she fought at first. The fights were childish and completely pointless. The book was one long drawn out fight. They said the same things over and over again. "You are keeping me against my will." "No I'm not. You agreed and I don't care."

The only reason I kept reading the book was because I thought the sex would be good and it was not . Like at all. So this was defiantly a kindle unlimited flop for me. Sometimes you can find some fantastic books on there and sometimes you waste your morning reading a ridiculous book with a terrible man finding love with a weak female.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment