Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter


I wasn't a huge fan of this one.  The world that Gena Showalter set up is interesting and I like that but I did not like the characters.  Mia Snow is a badass. Seriously.  She likes to kill and she hates men.  oh and would you believe that she has daddy issues?  She is constantly threatening to hurt everyone around her and her male friends just laugh.. uh no.  Thats insane. Do not encourage that behavior.

Mia has some serious anger issues.. she beats up on Kyrin like a lot.  And after they sleep together she thinks about killing him.  She actually plans it out! Talks about feasting on his heart.  This woman seriously needs some therapy.  Or wine.  Wine helps.

Here's the thing with a bad main character.. it makes it hard to focus on anything helps.  At least for me it does.  I don't know about everyone else, but when I don't like a character I tend to focus on that.   And really I didn't enjoy what little I got from the story.  I liked the aliens living on Earth.  I like that part of it.  But the whole baby selling thing... ehh..

Soooo.... Honestly I kind of didn't want to finish the book.  Mia was obnoxious.  I will eventually read the next one just because I love Gena Showalter but I did not like this one at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment