Thursday, October 8, 2015

Phantom Shadows by Dianne Duvall


I am completely obsessed with this series! AH! Dianne Duvall knows how to write a fantastic paranormal book.  It has just the right amount of romance and just the right amount of action.  This is my new favorite series.  I just finished this one and I am currently listening to the fourth book Darkness Rises as I'm writing this... no joke y'all I can't stop.

Melanie is a badass! I love her.  I love that Sebastian tries to keep her at a distance but Melanie doesn't let him. And I love that she doesn't let what everyone else says about Bastion sway how she feels about him.  I think it says a lot about her that she stuck up for him in front of everyone when no one else would.  Especially since she didn't really know any of the immortal guardians all that well.  I love strong female leads and she was defiantly that.

And then Sebastian .. I knew I would love him. I always seem to love the guy everyone else hates. But he is so adorably awkward sometimes.

What I love the most about these books is how she can bring in different POV and not make it overwhelming.  It's obvious that there are two main characters in each book but then there will be a chapter or two in Seth's or one of the previous main characters POV and I love it.  It keeps you connected to everyone as a whole but still focused on the main characters love story.  I have read a few books that have tried to pull this off and NONE of them have.  I am completely in love with it.

OH MY GOD!!  AMI!!!  ahhh!!! Seriously. What a bomb to drop on me at the end. Not cool Dianne.  Not cool.  Kidding. Just means I have to jump right into the next one.. which I am. so job well done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment