Monday, October 5, 2015

Night Reigns by Dianne Duvall


I have no idea why I put off reading this book for so long because I loved it!  I think I was a little afraid Ami was going to be a weak female character because of the way Seth found her but hell no, she was a freaking bad ass.  When Seth first puts Ami and Marcus together Marcus does everything he can to get her to go away and she doesn't take any of it and she helps him fight the vampires.  If it wasn't for her Marcus would have been captured or killed.  and I LOVE that Marcus doesn't downplay what Ami can do either.  Even when he didn't want her there and he wasn't sure what he felt for her, he still was proud and boasted about her fighting skills and I freaking loved that.

I love her relationship with seth, David and Darnell.  Ahh and they all call her sweetheart.  Freaking adorable.  And I even like how Sebatian is protective of her.  Basically you can't hate Ami.  She is the sweetest person and if you wrong her or someone she loves she will kick you ass which makes her just freaking awesome.  She's one of my favorite characters ever I think.

One of my favorite things about this series is the relationship with all the characters.  Not just the two main ones but the close relationship with everyone.  I love the family atmosphere.  I love all the funny "mind" banter.   There isn't judgement, just acceptance.  Like with Ami's big secret.. They tell Chris and he doesn't say anything really. He just accepts it.  That to me was so freaking cool.  I fell a little in love with Chris at that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment