Monday, October 12, 2015

Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson


I wasn't a huge fan of this one. I didn't hate it.. It was just ehh.. If I didn't listen to the audiobook at work it probably would have taken me a couple weeks to read because I probably would have kept putting it down.

I liked the characters. Although the whole was Jefferson actually interested in Lee or not thing got on my nerves.  If not I am cool with that, but just make it clear.  Especially after what happens at the end because if they end up together at the end I would always wonder 'what if'.

Anyways thats not really whats important in this book.  This book obviously isn't a romance book.  It's about a girl on a journey to the west.  A whole bunch of bad things happen to her. She pretends to be a boy for awhile, which I loved.  After everyone found out she was a girl they started treating her differently and that pissed her off.  People died.. Animals died. a baby was born.

That's pretty much it. The book is about making friendships and a new family... and that's sweet.. but kind of boring.  I was expecting more of an adventure I guess.  The beginning was okay but once she was actually on her way to California I was over the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment