Saturday, October 17, 2015

No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole


This book was good!  I didn't quite like it at first.  I was put off by the whole hunting for treasure thing.  I haven't ever really been a fan of

What I did love about this book was that it was insta-love.  It was defiantly insta-lust but not love.  How can you really love someone with out having a conversation with them.  They realize that they are mates.  Sebastian knows that she is his bride and that he must protect her.

Nikolai asked, "Do you love her?"
"No. But I recognize that she is mine. And that I am meant to protect her."
"It's enough. More will come with time," Nikolai said.

I love that.  Because that is the truth.  The attraction is obviously there and the love can come later when they get to know each other a little better.  So that is one of the things I did love about this book.

What I didn't love was the competition.. The thing I love about PNR books is the villains and the action.. And this one really didn't have that.  Yes I guess Bowe could be considered the "bad" guy but not really he was just the best competition. He really wasn't a villain at all. There was a little action I guess but not battle. It just didn't do it for me.  I got a little bored to be honest.  Obviously you know what the outcome of the completion is going to be so what the point of the game at all..

But the romance was good.  Great even.  One of the best I've read.  I didn't even particularly care for either character but I was still drawn into their story.

No comments:

Post a Comment