Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Shadow's Edge by J.T. Geissinger


I hated Jenna. HATED her.  The story was interesting and Leander is a dream boat but Jenna... oh my god.  She drove me nuts.  Honestly I almost stopped reading it. She has been running for how long? and at the first sign of  someone being there she panics and shows her super strength to a room full of people. really??  and then there was this
           “So she did what she always did when confronted with something she couldn’t figure out: she put it out of her mind.”     That line right there almost made me put the book down.   She is defiantly top 5 most hated female leads. Maybe even number 1 because at the moment I can't think of another that I dislike more.

But I read on because the book had potential.  And really the story was okay.. ish.  I think it could have been a lot better if they would have focused on the community more and not on the romance.  I like the Ikati people.

Not sure if I will read the next one.. well thats a lie.  I will because I liked Morgan.  But it won't be for awhile.
Im giving this book such a low rating all because of the main character.  The MC is the book.. even with a strong story.  I was so annoyed with everything Jenna did or said that it took away from the story.  I just couldn't enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment