Thursday, May 19, 2016

Review: The Bet

The Bet The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book a couple years ago and I remember loving it and my library just got it in audio so I thought YAY. I still loved it.

I love how the book started with them being children and we got to hear Travis' thoughts about how he tortured her to be her hero. Obviously it's not the right mind set but for a child, I think it's adorable. That's what people say right? "He picks on you because he likes you." It's why women now deal with abusive boyfriends but thats getting off topic and totally doesn't apply here. I love Casey and Travis' relationship. I love that they still joked around and played. I love those kinds of relationships. I love that it wasn't overly serious and emotional. Was there emotions? DUH. And Travis did have his sentimental moments, like when he took her to her parents restaurant and how he kept the folder from her parents because he wanted to be the one to give it to her. But I like that Travis takes a bad situation (his brothers fake engagement to the girl he loves) and he turned it into a fun experience. He helps her out a lot in the short weekend and it just proves that he is 100% meant for her.


It was a cute book. Jake was an ass. I have no idea how Rachel plans on making him better in the next book. Once I make a decision about a character, it's usually pretty hard to sway me another way. That's why I never got around to reading The Wager but now that's it's in audio I plan on listening to it at work.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment