Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Review: Rise

Rise Rise by Jennifer Anne Davis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh Jennifer you brilliant writer, you! There hasn't been a book that you've written that I haven't loved and this one is defiantly no exception.

Kaia is a 16 year old who lives in poverty and filth but she has a loving father, so in her eyes it isn't all bad. Her father has raised her to fight and be strong and it's a good thing because she soon finds out why. She is the 12th Kriger.

She meets Anders and he saves her and helps her escape the capital. Anders is an assassin and he is quiet and at first he was a little mean. Kaia has a way about her though, Honestly she just never shuts up and eventually Anders thaws toward her and they start to become friends. He takes her to meet Vidar. Who is the head of the Order of the Krigers. Vidar was a little creepy at first. He was blunt and flirty but he grew on me. He was funny. Although I did not like how his and Kaia "relationship" played out. I absolutely hated the way he went about it. I don't think I'll ever get passed that.

Okay so the whole point of the 12 Krigers is to kill Morlet, the evil king. He has tortured and killed many in his quest to find freedom. This is where most will probably disagree with me. But I am totally on his side. He is an asshat but the Heks had complete control over him.... Although at the end she didn't.. so maybe he is just an asshat.. Dang it. Okay so maybe I like him a little less.

I still think I am team Morlet. I have read a few reviews saying that there's a love square. No there isn't. Vidar is clearly not in the running. They have zero romantic feelings for each other. She won't end up with him. I know that things with them are complicated right now but no. It won't happen. So there is just Anders and Morlet. Anders is the clear choice at the moment. He seems to have legitimate feelings for her and vise versa. I guess only time will tell with that.

I can't wait for the next book!! Now that all the Krigers are free, I need to know what happens!! It's going to be killer to wait. This book was a totally new adventure and I loved every second of it!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment