Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Review: Of Another Dimension

Of Another Dimension Of Another Dimension by Jeanette Lynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Okay.. so I loved this book. But why does the thought of red aliens with horns totally freak me out but I was totally cool with blue ones with horns? I'm so dang weird. When this book described the aliens as giant red aliens.. I was a little scared and then they added the horns and I was like oh hell no! But I got over it.. by skipping over any mention of red. HA.

So we have this Earth chick, Lilie, she gets sucked to another planet through her crazy neighbors portal. Yeah I didn't really get that but whatever. She realized that she isn't on Earth anymore and runs from the giant red alien dude. Obviously who wouldn't? She hides out in the forest for awhile and stumbles across another alien's camp. She steals food from him and when she doesn't come back for me he goes out looking for her. Sweet alien man. Anyways, they can't communicate but she ends up semi trusting him and he teaches her how to hunt for food and what plants she can and can't eat. They eventually have sex. Yay.

There is a whole lot more that happens but I'd hate to give anything away. There's a lot of love and a lot of laughing. I enjoyed everything about the book.

The only thing that bothered me was some of the way it was written. There was a lot of "..." That just seemed weird and it was a bit distracting. Oh and there was a lot of italics. That was also distracting. I kept trying to figure out why it was in italics. I think it was her inner thoughts... maybe Im still not sure. but even with that I still loved the book and I am defiantly going to look into more books by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment