Friday, May 20, 2016

Review: Lady Luck

Lady Luck Lady Luck by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

YOU GUYS!!! I DIDN'T HATE IT!! I mean I didn't love it but I didn't hate it!! WOOT!

It's not secret that I have absolutely hated the first 2 books.. So why did I even pick this one up?? My sister begged me to, said it was so much better. So being the loving sister that I am I listened to this book and I actually enjoyed it.

Lexie wasn't a complete dink. I can't explain to you guys how much I hated the last 2 heroines. Honestly some of the worst heroines I've ever read but Lexie I liked. She did ask a million questions. She didn't make Ty repeat everything he said. She didn't let him walk all over her. She didn't sigh his name instead of actually making her point. She was funny. She loved fast cars. She had a whole hell of a lot of sass. She was kind of a badass.

Ty was a total badass. He served time for a crime he didn't commit. He didn't like to talk. He basically grunted words at her but she still talked to him and eventually got him to open up. But what's freaking awesome about Ty was that he was the first hero in this series who didn't force her to do anything. He was an alpha caveman, absolutely, but he didn't overdo it. I actually liked him!

I think this book was entirely too long. The last 2 were long too but I just feel the need to point it out. I feel like there was a lot of repeating of things, saying the same things to different people, repeating what people said. That always drives me nuts. I just think the conclusion could have come a whole lot sooner and the book wouldn't be missing anything. I know I'm in the minority when it comes to this series but at least this one was decent. After I was done I didn't want to rant and scream and throw things at walls.

I really, really hope the next one is the same... even though it's about Chase and I'm not sure I'm looking forward to that... we shall see!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment