Monday, May 9, 2016

Review: Dirty

Dirty Dirty by Kylie Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have been putting this book off for about a week and now I have no idea why. It was so good! It was funny, witty, and sexy as hell.

I loved Kylie Scott's Stage Dive series. The last book of the series I didn't care for as much as the rest but overall I liked the series. This one has the same feel but then again it doesn't. There isn't the craziness that is dating a band member. Although Vaughan was/kind is in a and it was never as big as Stage Dive. Really all the drama comes with Lydia.

She was going to marry someone she hadn't known for that long. Turns out he is gay so she runs and hides into the nearest open window.. which just happens to be Vaughan's house. HA. He finds her in his bathtub while he was about to get in.. so he is completely naked and she is soaked and still in her wedding dress. Thats just funny. Then there is a bunch of drama and craziness when her ex fiancé and his parents seek her out, but I won't get into that.

After all that gets resolved the rest of the book is about Vaughan and Lydia getting to know each other and about what they are going to do next in their lives. What I love most about this book is the drama was actually over pretty early. I mean there is other drama but it is more based on side characters like Vaughan sister. I like that the main couple wasn't fighting the whole damn book. We actually got to see them develop their feelings. Even though each of them thought that their "relationship" was very short term and both thought they were going to be leaving town. So there just wasn't drama with them. It was refreshing.

Okay I lied. What I love most about this book is the humor. Lydia was freaking hilarious. Even her inner thoughts had me cracking up. I laughed so much while I was listening to this at work, I know my coworkers think I'm nuts. And Vaughan was also pretty funny in his own way. He didn't have all the one liners like Lydia did but he was funny in the way he handled Lydia's crazy.

I just really enjoyed this book and look forward to the next one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment