Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Review: Heart of Atlantis

Heart of Atlantis Heart of Atlantis by Alyssa Day
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

OH MAN. I was surprised by how much I loved this book. I hate Alaric... Or at least I have until this book. oh and I HATED Qhuinn. I didn't feel bad for them not being able to be together. Nope. Alaric was just always this incredibly asshole side character and Qhuinn was the bitch rebel leader. Thats just how I saw them in the past books. But this book changed my mind.

...Well kind of. I still think Qhuinn is a bitch and I still think Alaric is an asshole but they have good reasons... and not just the whole he can't have sex and well Qhuinn wasn't just a bitch lol. Alaric has basically decided that he is done with Poseidon. He wants to give up his job and be with Qhuinn. Aww... kind of. But right now Atlantis is in a crisis. Someone has claimed to be the true king of Atlantis and he happens to have the last gem they need. ohhhh and this big faker also happens to want to make babies with Qhuinn. Thats whats happening on earth.. and in Atlantis the Trident is going wonky and the dome is cracking. AH. So there's a lot happening in this book. The bitchy Qhuinn breaks down and cries and the steady Alaric goes bat shit crazy. It's all a good time!

It's always bittersweet when I read the last book in a series that I loved and I LOVED this series. It's the first series I've read by Alyssa Day and I am going to read more from her because her writing is intense and detailed without being obnoxious with the color of people tennis shoes. Anyways... I don't think I could have come up with a better ending. It was sappy (as all the books from this series have been sappy at the end) but it wrapped everything up nicely andddd there was a little bit of a hint for maybe another series? I honestly don't know. I haven't gone and stalked Alyssa to find out what series is next or if it's connected. But I'm going to!!! :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment